vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

My jetta 2006 TDI blows grey some grey smoke when I start

Customer Question

my jetta 2006 TDI blows grey some grey smoke when I start up. the power is less and the over all fuel economy is down.I have replaced the MAF and it does not make a lot of difference
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 2 months ago.

You need to remove the valve cover and check the camshaft lobes we have seen many issues where the camshaft lobes are worn out and theres also damage to the lifters under the cam please have this checked first . I hope this helps

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO PROVIDE POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE HELP PROVIDED THANK YOU

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my cam is worn. what is the best way to fix this cheaply. I already have 260,000km on the engine so do not want to invest too much into it. I know if your you shaft is worn you can get sleeves for it is there something similar for the lobes wearing down?