Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My radio is locked on my 2006 Jetta. Is there any way you

Customer Question

Hello David my radio is locked on my 2006 Jetta. Is there any way you could get me the code? My radio id is = Vwz1z7g7208657
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

In order to help you i do need the vin # of the vehicle also to assist!!!

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The vin is 3vwst71kx6m010935
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

FYI if you have purchased a second hand radio it has been documented that the etched serial # and the electronic serial # may be different due to piecing 2 stereo's into one so be beware!!
here is your serial # and radio code:

Serial number: VWZ1Z7G7208657
PIN: 1684

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!! It's only fair!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

Hi just checking in to see if all ok !

The feedback rating was not done yet and you have been already been charged for your question.

This feedback is very important!! Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

I HAVE ASSISTED YOU IN YOUR RADIO CODE AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME IN RETURN WITH A 5 STAR RATING !!!

Thanks for your time and thanks for using Just Answer to assist in your issue.

Wolfgang

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

Hello again !

You have come here for help on your radio code and I have fulfilled my obligation to you but you have not!!

I do have a family !!

Wolfgang