gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

My vw 2006 jetta 2.5l jetta making squeaking noise which

Customer Question

Hi my vw 2006 jetta 2.5l jetta making squeaking noise which coming from close to timing chain area. It's very loud but it doesn't come when it's cold and one it's ran for 30mins it start then. And with acceleration it goes away. And comes back again and if it's sit for 30mins it's goes away for some time.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It's been week and half. Noise is from timing chain area and rear of the engine. I checked the pulleys. I started car without serpentine belt noise was still coming. And one weird thing I noticed is that both fans start working without turning ac on.
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was thinking first noise is coming from pulleys and I changed the serpentine belt because it was worn out. And noise was still coming. And one more thing is happening is that it's rpms is going up and down 1000 to 2000 in park. So I disconnected the air mass flow sensor it solved the problem for now. But that squeaking noise is coming still.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 29 days ago.

It sounds to me like it is your oil separator/breather valve, which on this is built into the valve cover. The squeaking is the air going through, it probably has to get warmed up before it will stick. The idle issue is because of the "unmetered" air going into the system.