Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Alarm system on 1998 beetle troubleshooting

Customer Question

alarm system on 1998 beetle troubleshooting
Category: VW
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

hello

if the alarm is going off all the time or at random intervals then the 1st thing to try is closing all the air vents inside the car

as this prevents outside breeze's blowing in and setting off the microwave motion sensor

if it helps then the dealer can lower the sensitivity level

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Iam still weyting for an answer
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

Hello

have you tried what I suggested?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
alarm doesn't work at all .i need you to help me to get it to work.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

Ok

in that case try the following

put the key in the drivers door lock and turn it a couple of times...then try starting the car... and then use the actual key in the trunk lock of the car...turn the key to unlock the trunk which should reset the door module and so the alarm

if this doesn't help then I'm sorry to say that the car needs to go back to the dealers to reset the security system

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just tryed wha you suggested and it din't work is dead.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if I nave to go to the dealer to resolve my problem and that is your final suggestion. than there is nothing more to say.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

sorry to say that this is often the case with security aspects as by their very nature they cannot accessed with DIY methods

not the best news I know but not much else that can be done