vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2005 Jetta. It has check engine light and it was

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2005 Jetta. It has check engine light and it was code # Po544. I have a BBW. I replaced the exhaust temp sensor just before converter and the light went off. After driving 20 miles or so it comes on again?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on after driving for a few miles. If re-set it will stay off and come on again after a few miles. Scared of dealer after another problem with a newer honda that was under warranty...
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. My son just started auto tech school and we bought this as his first car. We scanned it and changed the sense only it does what I described.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so? I don't know much to be honest.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

what engine you have in it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

check for vacuum leaks

you should be able to pull up fuel trims on that scanner ,what are they the long term & short term at idle ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Vacuum leaks wouldn't give wiring circuit code . They would give system lean code right?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello? Vacuum leaks wouldn't give wiring circuit code, They would give system lean code right?