Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.

I have a 2000 VW New Beetle GLX that has a traction control

Customer Question

I have a 2000 VW New Beetle GLX that has a traction control light that spontaneously comes up on the dash. I have a 01276 code. ABS Hydraulic Pump - V64 Signal Outside Tolerances - Intermittent
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 27 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Ron replied 27 days ago.

The most common caused for this code to set is in most cases caused by a failing Antilock Brake System (ABS) Control Module. The cause in most cases is due to the module is not activating the pump. If you have access to a VW scan tool you can try to energize the hydraulic pump. If the pump will not energize, then the next step would be check power and ground at the ABS module. If you have power and ground at the module and it is not activating the pump and it will need to be replaced in most cases. See the wiring diagram in the link below for checking the power and grounds.