vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

The trunk will not open. i can hear the motor on it but it

Customer Question

the trunk will not open. i can hear the motor on it but it will not open. tried going through back seat and pulling lever but it will not open
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2008 new beetle
JA: Are you fixing your New Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have checked wires to make sure all is hooked up. and i have gone through the back set hatch and turned the manual release.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a key hole behind the emblem on the trunk of the 08?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is there a quick easy way to open the trunk when the remote will not work, nor will the trunk release switch inside the car. I have already tried going through the backseat and turning the manual relese. the motor runs but it will not release! it there anyway to use the key to open the trunk of a 2008 vw new beetle convertible? the wires all seem to be connected.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 29 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Can i get my money back? I've still got no answer. This was so not worth the effort of asking
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 25 days ago.

Sending a comment to customer service for you.