Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We have a 2002 VW Golf. Lots of miles and pretty sure we

Customer Question

We have a 2002 VW Golf. Lots of miles and pretty sure we just bought a lemon. Check engine light said the O2 sensors were bad. We've changed the O2 sensors, fuel injectors, spark plugs/wires, had work done on the exhaust pipe. Cleaned everything possible, changed everything liquid/filter related. Now, the check engine light is on again and the diagnosis is a dirty catalytic converter and misfire on #3 cylinder. WTF?
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you recall the O2 sensor codes you got?

Are you now getting a catalyst efficiency code?

Can you feel the misfire?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will definitely relay this question to the appropriate responder... my husband.. we are really trying to make this a good car for our daughter in college.

Thanks, ***** ***** when ready.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris