peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Im having a p0299 code on my vw jetta it's stage 2+ with a

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: im having a p0299 code on my vw jetta it's stage 2+ with a charge pipe a discharge pipe and intake on it. i get the code intermittently usually on the highway
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P0299
JA: What year is your Jetta?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ya i've tried checking pipes and all that but i just want to find out whats goin on with it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
also i took it to the dealer and had the code read and it was p029900 and p0102F00 these codes are intermittent like i said before and it literally happens only on highway driving. i just want to know where i should look and if i should take the car to where i got it tuned with the apr software. other than that the car runs great and doesn't idle high which to me would signify a vacuum leak of some sort so i appreciate any information or help that you guys can give me
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 25 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can definitely be an issue with the software that was installed.If the software is not fully compatible or is incomplete this will cause this issue here.I would have the software re checked to see if it needs reprogrammed to resolve this issue here.I have found software like this here can cause issues in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete