vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

2007 VW Jetta with fault codes P0059-008 &01218-002. Any

Customer Question

2007 VW Jetta with fault codes P0059-008 &01218-002. Any idea what is wrong?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: no I have not. It is my son's finance's car and they want to clear the fault to sell the car. Someone told him it might be an air bag but I couldn't find anything online to indicate what it is
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we would like to but have done nothing yet. He wants to limit expenses and sell the car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

you have 2 totally different issues but lets emphasize the first the p0059 . i do need that 5 digit code because in 2007 there was no bank 2 because its either a 4 cylinder or 5 cylinder car . no v6 . so i do need you to recheck that code and possibly have the sae 5 digit fault code like the second one.