Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.
Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Did the water get on any of the spark plug wires or coils? if you can use a hair dryer to dry any moisture off or clean ex paper towels ect.compressed air like what you can by in a can for blowing computer key boards etc' Hope that helps and if you need further assistance I'll be happy to do so' you may need to replace the ignition wires or coils.
also depending where the air intake is and how deep the puddle was it may have swallowed some water ,so take the cover off the air filter and check for water in there
if any amount of water got into the intake yes , then you would have to take the pugs out spin over a few times dry the plugs and try that.