vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Not sure. Throwing codes po725. P1780 p1850 p1725. Acts like

Customer Question

Not sure. Throwing codes po725. P1780 p1850 p1725. Acts like it wants to start but wont
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yeah we checked.
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2001 Jetta vr6
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's my daughters car. They took it to a shop but the guy is not being very honest about things. Wants 1500.00 to fix. Checked all fuses there are 3 going to the motor that are not working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

was the vehicle in an accident recently?

was the battery replaced recently before this issue?

are there any flashing yellow lights on in the dash?

please let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there any way to check if the ecu is bad. Hate to buy a new one and not have that be the problem
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

with the scan test it shows that it is communicating. what happens when you spray cab cleaner in the intake to see if it will run?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have not tried the carb cleaner. My husband said its not getting spark it turns over but does not catch
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

is the area you live very damp?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We live in upstate ny
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

when cranking the engine over does the tach move up like to 200 rpm's?

the reason of this question will tell me if the ecu is seeing the rotation of the crank sensor ?

thanks

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

please also answer the other questions that i have asked please!!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It does rain here but we have had a very dry summer. What other question did I miss
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Fuses 29 32 34 no power no there is no movement in the tach. Also the headlights won't come on just the running lights and the fuel pump won't come on
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

whoa...... ok . see this wi what we have here that now i'm getting this info here you have steered me the wrong direction here . now we have to start from the beginning here !!!

when you turn the key on does the check engine light come on in the dash ? yes or no?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

i do need a vin # please. note this may require out premium service due to the extra time and information needed to get this diagnosed. FYI

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
3vwtg69m31m084148. How much more. Not getting any answers for the first 28.00
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

how could i give you answers when a curve ball was thrown from you end about fuses which should of stated at the begining. Is that on fair for me for information was not given right away ? Help me to help you!!! let me see the diagram on this and will get back .

thanks

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

ok i do need you to check on top of the battery. there is a fuse box . flip the lid and see if there is any meltdown of the fuse box . pic will help me so i can have a look see also

thanks