vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I am not sure. The ABS brake lights would come on and then

Customer Question

I am not sure. The ABS brake lights would come on and then stop for a few days. it is on constantly now but so are most of the warning lights now. Those come and go. Also the speedometer will stop working. And the refuel light will come on even though I have half a tank. And the cruise control went out. I feel like there is an electrical. The VW dealership said I need replace the ABS power module and that will fix everything. not sure how all those warning lights are related.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: brake system too. but brakes work great.
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2009 EOS
JA: Are you fixing your Eos yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I am not a mechanic at all. just read a lot. I usually take to dealership because not many mechanics work on VW in Baton Rouge.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just so frustrated with this car. so much seems to be breaking on it.
Category: VW
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David thanks for visiting the site. when you have abs problems, the abs light will come on, the brake light will come on and the trac light(if equipped) will come on. the cruise control ties into the the brake system only through the brake switch on top of the brake pedal. the refuel light has nothing to do with any of that except they are all on the instrument panel. so, i would have them look at the data bus lines for the instrument panel.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would data bus lines affect ABS lights too. Since they were intermittent at first. Now all warning lights stay on including workshop fault

yes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mechanic ran guided fault finding and found numerous faults in and module for wheel speed sensors. Sensors. Hydraulic pump. Control module faulty. Inspected wiring and connector to abs module. No abnormal conditions observed. Said I neefeda nee pump and module. But is this expensive repair going to fix all my electronic issues. Such as every alarm and speedometer going out randomly.

it should fix your abs, brake light and trac lights. as far as the speedometer and fuel level warning and cruise control no. it may fix the cruise but i doubt it. he needs to make sure the brake light switch is operating normally at the cruise control out puts for it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
everything would not be related to something else? Included abs?

the light on the right are all abs related. the lights on the left steering wheel symbol means power steering assist reduced, engine light means htes a engine trouble code stored in your computer and epc means electronic power control, (exhaust gas)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all of this would light up because of ABS? Because that's the only thing I'm being told. And you can see the speedometer is 0. And I was going about 65 mph. And can I still drive car without fixing abs pump

NO!!! did you even read what i wrote???

it is not all abs related.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did read it. But mechanic says all I need is abs pump and module for $1800. That's what I found confusing. And could one thing actually cause all of this since it all happened at same time. And it not be module. I just don't want to spend that much and still have all these faults. Sorry if I was unclear.

well you have my opinion. and i would get it in writing that if it doesnt fix everything that he will fix the rest for free. good luck to you.

checking in to see how its going