peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

2004 vw 1.8 turbo, 04, No i have an engine idle issue I have

Customer Question

2004 vw 1.8 turbo
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 04
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i have an engine idle issue I have added new precat o2 sensor new 2.0 coil packs from ecs and new spark plugs abd the last new part is the crank shaft sensor
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: The 1.8t codes are as follows po300,301,302,303p
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope thats all i know
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have a loss of power with this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not noticing a power loss the car idles rough and at idle is when i see the code

What model is your VW?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Jetta 1.8t gls 2004 automatic

Does your scan tool show engine misfire data to view cylinder misfires on a data list at all?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My obd 2 shows this exact codes. Po300 po301 po 302 po303p i dont know what the p after the 303 code is but ive tried alot of different solutions even replacing vacuum hose

I have seen issues with restricted fuel injectors cause this fault here as well as issues with a restricted catalytic converter cause misfires on most all cylinders.If you have not had the injectors tested this needs done to see if any need cleaned or replaced.I would have an exhaust back pressure test done.The back pressure tester threads into the pre catalytic converter oxygen sensor port and the engine is run at idle to wide open throttle.If the back pressure ever exceeds 1.5 psi this indicates the catalytic converter is restricted needing replaced.

With what has already been checked and performed here these need checked to see if injectors or a restricted catalytic converter is the cause needing cleaned or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok i guess ill take it to a mechanic because i dont have the available equipment so thanks i hope this solves the problem

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete