Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

2013 Routan with 67k miles keeps cracking flywheel dealer is

Customer Question

2013 Routan with 67k miles keeps cracking flywheel dealer is now saying crank shaft is bent too sounds like a defect this is the second one in the last six months I bought it with 18k it's never really felt right when shift ing b
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No leaking as far as I know it's the original transmission
JA: Are you fixing your Routan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dealer has it all repairs are warranted
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: VW
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. First, I need to know exactly what it is that you are looking for so I can help you properly.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Should I be Asking the VW dealer and VW to accept that there may be a permanent defect that is causing the flywheel to continue to have issues. Or can they repair it to the point where it will no longer be a chronic issue?

Gotcha, thanks for filling me in. I would personally ask that they replace the engine and here's why: If you continue to have problems with such an internal part as the flywheel, it is more likely than not that there is some form of misaligned or bent part that will not be fixable and your car will run out of warranty before it is permanently repaired. They will not want to do this as it is not cost effective, but if you press them on it there is a good chance that they will try to make you happy.

Good luck!

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you still needed any help with this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to ask. Also, I wanted to remind you to please take a moment and rate my service. Thanks!

Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Josh checking in on your situation. Have you talked to the dealer yet? Did you come to an agreement? I am here to help if you need me. Also, I wanted to remind you to please rate my service! Thanks, Josh.