gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Billy, i'm looking for a fusebox diagram for my 2013 vw

Customer Question

hello Billy, i'm looking for a fusebox diagram for my 2013 vw passat CC. i need to hard wire my dashcam.
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything is in place accept the hardwiringpart with the fusebox. what fuse can i use
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: i found no diagram in it. only a section how to replace a fuse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need one fus wich has always power and one after starting the engine
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 6 months ago.

Can you tell me if your underhood fuse box has 54 or 24 fuses (High or Low E-box) This determines the fuse location both under the hood and what is in the interior fuse boxes. And let me know your VIN, so I can look up by build data.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HelloCustomer
VIN: WVWZZZ3CZCE711868
i'm connecting everything to the internal fusebox. i bought two small cables to attach an extra fuse to the fusebox. Those cables are for the large type of fuse at the bottom part of the internal fusebox,
So i need to know what fuse to use for the permanent powerconnection of the dashcam and what fuse for power after starting the engine.
My dashcam is the blackvue DR650S-2CH and i'm using the power magic pro kit for hardwiring

OK- fuse layout is showing that all the large fuses in that panel 22-37 and 43-48 should be 30 power (hot all the time) except for 39, which is 15 power (key on, 5a fuse for Mechatronic unit) and 38-42 (with the exclusion of 39) are 75 power, powered only with engine running.