Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have a 2007 VW Passat Wagon v6 with a power steering

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2007 VW Passat Wagon v6 with a power steering issue. This has electronic power steering. it has come in once before for the same issue (red light comes on and no power steering) and what i ended up doing is cleaning/retightening all main fuse block connections and then putting the vehicle on the lift and turning the wheels with the key on to see if i had power steering. Well whatever i did worked because when the vehicle was on the ground i had power steering back. It was working fine for a week and now it is having the same problem. ANy advice?
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Are you able to scan the system and see if what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the light comes on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have a 01309 code of power steering control module no signal/no communication- intermittent and i have a 00569 code of steering motor current open circuit
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

VW has released a service bulletin dealing with theses codes that I think applies to the problem you are having. I have enclosed it it in the link below. Have a look at it and see if this will help you get this resolved.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20steering%20Sept%202.pdf