vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Vw beetle convertible 2006, power door lock on driver side

Customer Question

Vw beetle convertible 2006, power door lock on driver side doesn't work. And window doesn't roll down quarter inch when open door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced window regulator motor, wiring harness, and door lock module
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I replaced the harness because the old one burnt out
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results.

Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!!

I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need some more information!!

i do need a vin # please .

was the vehicle in an accident in that area where you have the issue?

any water leaks?

do you have the old window motor ?

please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have old window motor
No sign of water leak
No accident but looks like someone was working in this area before(and it was working perfect until it burnt(window motor chip/connector area)
Vin: 3vwpf31y36m309936
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

ok you will need a digital volt meter and measure with the key on the red/white wire at the window motor to see if you have 12 volts to the fat brown wire in the same connector (disconnected)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Voltage present
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

ok how much ? if you used a test light how do you know what is the voltage ? need #'s please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.