Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I just purchased a 2000 Volkswagen passat. The passenger

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2000 Volkswagen passat. The passenger side mirror,both passenger Windows and locks as well as the sunroof and interior light does not work. Everything works on the drivers side as well as both heated seats. I'm sure that all the problems are caused by one thing just not sure what. I checked the comfort control module and it seems to be in good shape with no corrosion or moisture in the area
Category: VW
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Check the wiring in the passengers door jam could be broken, there is a rubber boot that you can pull back and check the wiring, this is a common problem. I would also check all fuses.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I looked at the wiring it still had the protective stuff once it everything looks to be in good shape I did check fuses as well they're all fine.
Another thing not sure if it will help or not. The battery was out of the vehicle for a while cause I had to replace the alternator
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Does it have auto down windows? they may have to reset.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The drivers dude does boy site about passenger side. That wouldn't effect the sunroof mirror and locks though would it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also when I got it the radio didn't work. But I think that was the actual radio I don't think it is related to these other problems
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Would you like a wiring diagram of the window, locks, mirror and sunroof?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Still can't figure it out.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I will opt out and see if another expert can help you more.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results.

Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!!

I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # of the vehicle .

do you have a digital volt meter?

Any water leaks that you notice on the carpet drivers side floor?

Thanks