Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have an electrical problem

Customer Question

I have an electrical problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
More detail....Son was attempting to change battery and installed new battery with polarity reversed. Car sat for several minutes in this condition before the error was discovered. While new battery installed backwards, car gave symptoms of security alarm activation. Here are the current symptoms;Regulator bad in alternator according to test by local parts store. I will take to a local mechanic for repair.Other electrical problems are;
Fuse F6 was found to be blown and replaced
Doors, Truck and gas door won't lock/unlock with the FOB.
When lock/unlock is touched on the FOB, a relay in the dash can be heard engaging.
There my be other electrical problems that we haven't discovered just yet.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
duh.....I forgot...
It is a 2012 Jetta SE 2.5L
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • Normally this ruins modules. Will a scan tool communicate with the vehicle?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris