vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Not sure you can help. 2003 jetta 2.0 gas gls manuel 5

Customer Question

Not sure you can help. 2003 jetta 2.0 gas gls manuel 5 speed. No fule pump, no spark and can't access ecm. Car cranks but no start. T belt good have compression. Xcar stalled while driving and would not restart. I had previous 3 second cut outs for months but always came back to life. Whats up?
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original? I'm good. And you?
Customer: Good thanks. Yes replaced pump, relay clicks on and off and replaced ignition at switch.
JA: Glad to hear it. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Looked for ground problems and checked for fues problems.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Car is all original no add ons.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cannot access with obd2 has a linking problem. My scanner has always worked before even on this car.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is this help timed?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

When you turn on the ignition does the check engine light come on in the dash?

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

ok you have an issue with the ecu is not powering up.

so we need to check wiring and fuses to find out why

you will need a digital volt meter to do this and there may be some disassembly

This will also require the premium service to assist you !

do you have a digital volt meter ? this premium service will include a phone call and follow through .

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The car is all apart.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

see premium service offer

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not going to pay another penny sounds like ive been scamed!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Really????
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Justice comes in many ways. Be prepared you will reep what you sow.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

no scam think of it this way diagnosis at a shop is over 110 an hr . there is time for me to get info and direct you this to the root cause at a much less rate!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I paid 28.00 for some help with my problem. At the time it seemed resonable but i am not in a position to be nickel and dimed here. I this is where this is going why was i not informed ahead of time i would hav made a different decision.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't afford to take my car to a shop. I have to fix them myself with used parts at discounted places like carparts.com or junk yards. You should have disclosed the additional fees in the beginning. If you can't help with the amount i have already given you I would like to be refunded.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

every issue is different . some easy and some hard so it varies . not to nickel and dime you at all . just stating the facts!!!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If your going to help what would you do next?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

Hello again . I did put a request for a refund . Did you reconsider on The premium service offer?

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

ok.