Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs

The info cluster gets blurry or goes to black but comes

Customer Question

the info cluster gets blurry or goes to black but comes back
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2007 2.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing really have a used one but told it will not work and will not program
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Hello Al....

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

on your issue a New cluster is needed to have a display again. You cannot use used cluster because the immobilizer and the wilage would be different. Once a new cluster is installed you will need to have the car at the dealer to program the immobilizer , keys and odometer with the factory scan tool.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.