gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

I have a VW Jetta City 2007 2.0L and I know for sure it is

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a VW Jetta City 2007 2.0L and I know for sure it is the G68 sensor that needs replacement. I wanted to know approximately how long in hours it should take average shop to to that.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Vehicle Speed Sensor G68
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, I have two options. Either with my friend who is a VW fanatic who fixes his car himself. Or at my mechanic for money but not bothering a good friend
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: After 40 minutes of driving the car, it starts to shift at the higher RPM. 2nd gear kicks in at 4500, 3rd at 3000, 4th at 3000. And when I am breaking it downshifts hard
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 2 months ago.

What transmission do you have on your vehicle? The g68 is just bolted onto the outside of the transmission on all but a few transmissions.

DSG, 09G, etc. Or if you have your VIN I should be able to just look up build data by that.