vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2006 Volkswagen golf GL. One out of ten times, The

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Volkswagen golf GL . One out of ten times, The vehickle wont start. Ech time before ignition, I'm careful to go through the same preparation - make sure its in park,buckle seat belt, dont step on the brake first etc . It doesnt seem to be temperature related since this could happen in the heat of the afternoon ( Texas weather) or in the cool of the evening. The engine seems to start initially. But, a couple of seconds after ignition, it dies. I just bought this second hand car a few days ago from a reputable Houston VW dealer. Its not under warranty.
JA: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?
Customer: Youre asking which belt is acting up? Im not aware of any belt acting up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I wish I could. Because Ive experienced this type of thing with another car. But, after throwing two thousands of dollars at the problem, the Firestone mechanic had to admit defeat. Bu, with this car, Ill bring it to a mechanic hoping he can find something. But, with my luck, the engine will start fine after multiple tries . Thuks, he wont be able to diagnose the problem. At least that was my problem with the last car. NO, I wont be able to fix it myself. I'm no mechanic.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know of. But, I get the feeling that the last ;owner probably traded this defective car. But, the dealer didnt know they had inherited a lemon.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 9 months ago.

​When the car starts and dies right away do you get any flashing indicator lights on the dash ???