vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

Good question. I put my 2004 Jetta into reverse and wound up

Customer Question

Good question. I put my 2004 Jetta into reverse and wound up with what looks like transmission oil everywhere. I mean, everywhere.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: two weeks ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I honestly have just parked the car and texted my dad photos (he works at a Ford dealership and works heavily with VW) He said it's likely the transmission and that it probably won't move
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 2 months ago.

Ok more then likely you have a internal issue with the transmission where it has failed internally and caused a hole in the transmission case for the oil to look out the transmission oil looks like engine oil almost the same color . You will ned to raise the vehicle and insect for transmission damage but more then likely you will need a new transmission . I hope this helps ,

Please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this feedback thank you