Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have a 2000 VW Jetta TDI. I changed the Fuel Filter and

I have a 2000 VW Jetta TDI. I changed the Fuel Filter and the Fuel temp sensor. No the car will not start. It seems like I have no fuel. I dont seem to be getting any fuel to the filter. What would be causing the fuel to stop? I did not mess with the fuel pump.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

when you replaced the fuel filter did you fill the filter with diesel fuel?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

No, But I have since. I have opened all the injector lines. But I dont seem to be getting any fuel to the filter. I have located the pump under the back seat. at this point I need to know what fuse it is on, where the relay is.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Ok, there are only two wires to the tank so I am guessing that is for the sending unit and there is no lift pump in the tank. Does this car have an electric lift pump?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

If you only look at these before or after work then get out of my question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Relist: Other.
Taking too long to reply
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Relist: Other.
Taking too long to reply

sorry for the delay !! there is no pump in the tank . the only pump is the draw pump which is the injector pump itself. so what you have to do is to use compressed air and force some air in the fuel tank while another is cranking the vehicle over with the injector pipes loosened to get the air out. there may be a chance that the injector pump is damaged due to the fact it ran dry and scored the internal pump . lets hope its not damaged.

let me know if you still need help!!!