vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2000 VW GTI VR6 engine beeping. I changed the oil pressure

Customer Question

2000 VW GTI VR6 engine beeping. I changed the oil pressure sensor but still beeping
JA: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?
Customer: 16 years
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed the oil pressure sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm going to put in a mechanical gauge to see what the pressure is
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Need to do a pressure check cold at idle and hot at idle . and then hot at 2000 rpm

please let me know