gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

I have a 2010 vw routan which i heard is the same as the

Customer Question

I have a 2010 vw routan which i heard is the same as the town And country, it has an automatic lift gate that works when i press the button on the inside, but when i pull the hand on the outside it does not open.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I openned the lift gat to see what was going on. I noticed that when i pulled the handle it would hit a little button so that makes me thing its an electrical. I can manually unlock it by pull a little latch but not when i pull the outside handle
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 2 months ago.

If it works from the button on the inside, but not the outer door handle, then it's likely the microswitch in that handle is bad.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ia it possible to just change the microswitch or must the whole piece need to be replaced. Do you know the part number or where to find it?

you would have to replace the whole thing, not just the switch. Unfortunately, since it is a Chrysler product, any numbers printed on it have NO MEANING AT ALL, unlike VW which prints all it's part numbers right on every part. You'd have to have the parts department look it up. I figured the VW part would cost more, but it turns out the Chrysler versions of many of these parts are more than VW