eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech

I have a 2006 beetle that has the air bag light on all of

Customer Question

I have a 2006 beetle that has the air bag light on all of the time. how can this be turned off?
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: no
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i just need to turn it off until i can get it fixed.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: VW
Expert:  eauto replied 2 months ago.

?do you have a scan tool?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  eauto replied 2 months ago.

When the air bag light is on the air bag system has a malfunction and will no longer work until its repaired. So the system needs to be scanned with a computer for trouble codes. Once the trouble code is retrieved there is a test chart for that compnent. It will then need some manual testing to determine the root or cause of failure , and then b repaired. The light will not go off and the air bags will not work until the problem is corrected.

Expert:  eauto replied 2 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!