vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

2006 vw beetle the fan isn't working, ac isn't cooling, the

Customer Question

2006 vw beetle the fan isn't working, ac isn't cooling, the heat isn't working. I have replaced the fan, it still isn't working. I've checked the fuse box on top of the battery, it appears to be fine.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 2 months ago.

Are you meaning the HVAC blower fan inside the vehicle is not working, or the radiator fan?

Can I have your VIN to look up fuse layouts and wiring diagrams specific to your vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No the cooling fan on the radiator. Yhe hvac blower is blowing. The radiator fan on this model is the kind that is one single fan with a control module. All the symptoms I am having should have been fixed by replacing this fan. But i replaced it and its still not working. So at this point, ac is blowing but its not cool air. The heat isnt hot. And the engine temp is not staying normal because the fan isnt working.Vin below3vwsw31cx6m418442

Is your coolant level OK? If you don't have good heat, either the heater core is full of air, or there is a blockage. if the engine has heated too much, the A/C system may have vented to the atmosphere and will need to be checked for leaks and recharged.

Does the radiator fan come on if you turn the A/C switch on (engine does not need to be running)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I replaced the cooling fan and radiator at the same time. Could b air bubble as far as heat. Im more concerned really with the cooling fan.No it doesnt come on even with the ac switched on.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you're not going to help me, how about releasing this question to another mechanic so I can get the issue resolved, I paid $28 twice already trying to ask a simple question - how to diagnose the cooling fan on a 2006 vw beetle.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
At this point what i want to know is this - is there a way to test this fan outside of the vehicle? So I know whether it's a problem with the new fan, or if it's something in the car?This is a single cooling fan 2006 VW Beetle 2.5L. The fan with the control module attached to it. There isn't simple a hot and neutral wire. This control unit has 4 wires and a specialized connector that hooks to the car's wire harness. I need to know how first how to test the than, then how to diagnose why it isn't working in the car.