vertial technician
vertial technician, A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 13 years working on imports and domestic cars

I get a POOOA code "cam slow response bank 1" on an 07 VW

Customer Question

I get a POOOA code "cam slow response bank 1" on an 07 VW GTI. TGE CAM, timing chain/belt have been changed. The light engine light flashes when I give it about 2/3 throttle then I loose all power until I let of the gas and give gas again. Could this be the CPS?
Category: VW
Expert:  vertial technician replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.P000A/000010 - Camshaft A (Bank 1 Intake): Positioner Slow ResponsePossible Causes
Camshaft Adjustment Valve 1 (N205) faulty
Wiring/Connectors from/to Camshaft Adjustment Valve 1 (N205) faulty
Intake Camshaft Adjustment (Bank 1) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Camshaft Adjustment Valve 1 (N205)
Perform Output Test
Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Camshaft Adjustment Valve 1 (N205)
Check Intake Camshaft Adjustment (Bank 1)
Perform Basic Setting
Check for Tightness of the Adjustment Mechanism
Check Engine Oil Pressure
Possible causes - Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure - Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the variable camshaft timing (VCT) valve body - Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit) - Damaged VCT phaser -P000a Description The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors and evaluates the response of the actual position on a target position change. The setpoint and camshaft position are saved at the beginning of a setpoint change. If this change over time is large enough (gradient), the camshaft phasing change is evaluated. If the change after the diagnostic time is smaller than a threshold, a slow response is detected, and if the value is greater, then there is no concern. By detecting a concern, an antibounce counter is incremented otherwise the counter is decremented. If the counter exceeds an adjustable limit, the P000A is set.
no the cps wouldn't do it. But the oil pressure or sludge can do it. Or a defective adjustment valve or wiring can.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.