vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Getting a couple of codes and a beeping noise associated

Customer Question

getting a couple of codes and a beeping noise associated with the EPC
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: 16955, 01316, 18613, 18057
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: initially after my son bought the car,, the AC went out and straight to warm air.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: then everything went away for a few days and now is all back... car drives fine, still no AC and codes for brakes and EPC back on the dash with intermittent alarm type beeping. Back brakes were replaced right after being bought and were supplied by seller.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this is for a 2004 Jetta GL 2.0
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please use(###) ###-####to call on....
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I WOULD GLAD TO CALL YOU BUT YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THE PREMIUM SERVICE OFFER . RIGHT NOW DUE TO SITE RULES I CANNOT DO THAT!!!

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

THANKS

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The Air compressor clutch wasn't turning one week after I bought the car from a private party. After checking the fuses, a mechanic friend replaced the compressor (clutch). Issue not resolved. Replaced fuse box on top of the battery. Same result. Now I have an intermittent EPC light and today I heard beeping noises. Additionally, I researched a code and it talked about brake sensor. So I poked my head under the dash and noticed the button for the brake sensor isn't getting pushed down all the way. In addition to the a/c problem, I was wondering if the side bolt will adjust the brake sensor bracket? Codes attached.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

PLEASE CHECK THE OTHER 2 GREEN FUSES FOR ANY ARCING ON THE FUSE!!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Brand new fuse box out in yesterday. No arching
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Brand new fuse box put in yesterday. No arching.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

I WILL NEED A VIN # TO GET THE CORRECT REPAIR INFO .

I WILL BE GETTING OFF DUE TO KIDS NEED TO GET TO BED. fyi

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I understand. I hope we can pick up where we left off as time allows. I am a teenager who makes minimum wage and this car is bleeding me dry. You are much appreciated.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

LET ME GET SOME INFO AND WILL GET BACK WITH YOU TOMORROW!!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much. Have a good night.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

DITTO!