vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2002 Passat wagon 1.8. Just changed out the ccm due to

Customer Question

2002 Passat wagon 1.8. Just changed out the ccm due to corrosion. car started, drove fine, then parked it and locked the door with the key. Came out today, unlocked it with the key, tried to start it and got nothing but the turn signal indicator lights on the dash are blinking and there is a clicking noise from the new ccm. I'm not sure what to check or do from here so any guidance would be appreciated.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes, all seem fine. I was assuming it had something to do with the security system
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes,doing it myself after taking it to three separate vw mechanics who couldn't figure it out. I was the one that finally found the ruined ccm which was causing all the intermittent problems.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did the CCM connections have any corrosion in them at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.