Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have a 2000 jetta. when i start my car using the keys that

Customer Question

I have a 2000 jetta. when i start my car using the keys that came with the car the intruder alarm goes off for about 5 minutes and then stops. Yet the car runs fine until the next time i stop and restart and it goes off again. What am I doing wrong.
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Your going to need to have someone look at the alarm system to determine if it is in fact an add on system and if so your likely best served to have it removed. This type of problem will not usually happen with a factory system.