sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I need to retrieve the radio code for my 2002 vw cabrio,

Customer Question

Hello. I need to retrieve the radio code for my 2002 vw cabrio
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: What is that
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have removed the radio and found the serial number
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it. I just need the code please
Category: VW
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Radio serial number is *****
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

There are two things you can do. You can try to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.