vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I had my ecu tuned for 2006 jetta tdi w/dsg. It came back

Customer Question

I had my ecu tuned for 2006 jetta tdi w/dsg. It came back and I reinstalled it. At first it didn't sound right. The cause was a turbo hose came loose, (i had been cleaning egr intake etc.) it thru a few codes but all cleared and ran perfectly after reseating hose and retainer.
I drove all week w/o issue until the glow plug light flashed once two different times while taking a short trip. Shut and have not been able to restart since. Cranks and lift pump is functioning. Diesel is present in the line from filter to pump at the outside end of cam.
This is a BRM engine code. I have several codes that im not able to clear. Scan tool says failed linking error.
Codes: 00668, 10525, 01309, 01314, 01317, 01299, 00474
These were under the ABS category. No dtc's under Engine category.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need to know when the key is turned on does the check engine light come on in the dash ?