vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Looking for crank, no start diagnosis help. Vehicle was

Customer Question

Looking for crank, no start diagnosis help. Vehicle was towed in, crank no start. Found no spark. Checked for cranking RPM's and found none. Tested CKP sensor and found to be faulty. Replaced CKP sensor. Now I have good cranking RPM's, but still no spark, and therefore no start.
No codes are present. Checked timing and found it to be ok.
I don't seem to have a camshaft position sensor PID on my scanner (snap on modis), so im not sure about this one, and we happened to have a brand new one here, so we swapped it out, with no change.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

ok when the key is on is the check engine light on in the dash?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes it is

OK I UNDERSTAND THAT THE CRANK SENSOR WAS CHANGED .

I DO NEED A VIN # TO ASSIST IN TRACE OUT OF THE ISSUE AT HAND

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Well i can get it tmrw morning but I've left the shop for today..I'll try to respond early so you can help me early enough where it's helpful..

OK GOT IT!!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

turned out to have bad fuel pump relay. Now when i start the car, it starts right up but has a horrible whining noise near the rear of the engine. It seems to be drawing the speed of the engine down and requires that the gas pedal be held a little or the car will stall. It is so much of a draw i cant even test drive it to see how it does then. Do you really need my vin number? all of these 2.8's seem to be the same

there are different wiring diagrams and i need the vin to get the correct one

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok its:

WVWAH63BX1P026692

ok i do need to know if there is any exhaust leaks?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

None at all

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

any other help or could i get another person to help? need this car fixed

let me open this back up . I have a family emergency