vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

We've replaced the axel, the abs, the alternator, the

Customer Question

We've replaced the axel, the abs, the alternator, the radiator. Absolutely everything you could think that would be causing the brake light/abs light/air bag light to come on. But they just keep randomly coming on along with this really annoying cluster of beeps. Help me
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: What's that?
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: Sorry I'm mechanically impaired
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: 2000 VW new beetle
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. We've replaced the axel, the abs, the radiator, the and alternator.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Whatever this problem is it has caused both the brake light, brake alarm, abs light, and airbag light
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 4 months ago.

Can you please provide me the trouble codes you are getting ???

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
P1649
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
New ABS, new alternator, new radiator, & new axel. Insufferable beeping. Brake light, ABS light, & air bag light keep coming on. I'm at my wits end

The fault you have listed is because you are loosing communication to the abs control module and the reason the airbag light also comes on is because the communication between the airbag module and the abs module is getting lost . Have you replaced the abs control module ??

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We replaced the sensor

Ok you need to see if you have communication with the abs control module check this with a scan tool and wee which faults you have in the abs module not the ecm , start there if you cannot communicate with the abs module and you have all good fuses then you will need a new abs control module . I hope this helps

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this for our family thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you saying it needs a computer? I'm sorry my mechanical skills and terminology are limited so I'm learning this as I go along
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is the abs module separate from the sensor? How much does an abs module for my model run for?

I am saying things will need to be checked to see if you need a new abs module , modules are about $ 550 and are different from a sensor . I hope this helps please dont forget the feedback ill sill help you after the feedback