eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

The doc light is on and the little engine looking thing is

Customer Question

The doc light is on and the little engine looking thing is flashing. The car won't accelerate properly and is shaking a bit. I am on the side of the road, can I still try to drive?
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: EPC light came on, not flashing but the engine malfunction light is flashing
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2011 eos
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I know nothing about cars but need to get home
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, but I'm not in the greatest part of town...
Category: VW
Expert:  eauto replied 7 months ago.

The engine light is flashing the vehicle needs to be towed..or further damage can happen. Im fgoing to put in a phone call request so you can describe this issue to me a little further and i can tell you if you can drive it how far

Expert:  eauto replied 7 months ago.

flashing engine light means tow means tow it in or you may risk further damage i hope this helped

Expert:  eauto replied 7 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!

Expert:  eauto replied 7 months ago.

is there anything else i can help you with?