vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I have a 2002 Golf diesel and it has no power. It acts like

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Golf diesel and it has no power. It acts like the turbo is not kicking in. Was intermittent, getting worse.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

is the check engine light on or does it come on and off at times?

how many miles on the vehicle ?

any recent accidents?

please let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Check engine light is on, it usually comes on a minute after starting. 285000 miles, no accidents. No problem with rating.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

was a scan test performed to see what codes are stored? if not please have it done to narrow down the issue a hand. right now there are many possibilities so need to narrow down.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will get it done.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.