peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

After adjusting driver side rear window and regulator, the

Customer Question

after adjusting driver side rear window and regulator, the window stops two inches from top....2010 VW cc sport
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this was the fix....before it would go up all the way however glass would catch on the rubber seal....basically the glass was going up and out rather within the correct path
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Originally the car was broken into by somebody pulling out on the glass from the top...I have tried to adjust and bend the bottom part of the front regulator guessing it catching resistance somewhere?
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the proper adjustment procedure was not followed then the windows normalized/relearned with a compatible scan tool this can cause this type of fault here needing either adjusted correctly or adjusted and relearned properly.If this was already done and did not correct this fault here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete