Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I don't know it was working just fine then I goes inside a

Customer Question

I don't know it was working just fine then I goes inside a store comes back out . It won't crack
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2007 Passat 2.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried a jump but the battery is perfectly fine. I've put motor oil in it and still won't work. All my sensors are on
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: I'm saying when I try to crank the car the sensors that normally comes on when a start is being start is working just fine. I never had a problem with it I just got the car 3 months ago
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I don't know what the problem could be it was working just fine all day. I didn't leave no lights on or nothing
Category: VW
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello!????
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I DO NEED SOME MORE INFO!!

WHEN YOU INSERT THE KEY AND PUSH DOES THE INSTRUMENTTION LIGHTS COME ON?

IF SO IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE GEAR INDICATOR DOES IT SHOW IN PARK OR NEUTRAL OR ALL GEARS SELECTED?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when I insert the key everything pops up
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I even put the car in neutral and tried to start it still nothing
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

ARE THERE ANY MESSAGES ON THE CENTER SCREEN OF THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It only say tire pressure low
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

OK. WE NEED TO CHECK AT THE STARTER TO SEE IF YOU HAVE VOLTAGE ON THE SMALL WIRE AT THE CONNECTOR . YOU WILL NEED A TEST LIGHT OR EVEN BETTER TO HAVE A DIGITAL VOLT METER . (YOU MAY HAVE A STARTER ISSUE OR A WIRING ISSUE) DO YOU HAVE THAT TO CHECK THIS OUT?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No is there another way on testing this? Could it be any of my fuses
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

WE NEED TO CHECK THIS OUT . HOW DO I KNOW WHEN CRANKING DO YOU HAVE VOLTAGE AT THE STARTER OR NOT ? HAVE TO PINPOINT THIS ISSUE OUT .

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

I CAN BE A STARTER , WIRING OR SWITCH BUT NEED TO DO CHECKS TO ISOLATE

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok well I can't do that so I'll have to wait till Monday to get someone
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

I WISH THERE WAS AN EASIER WAY !!! I WOULD OF GIVEN IT!!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Appreciate it, is it best to get rid of these cars before I put so much money in it?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

IT IS HARD TO SAY BUT IT IS ALMOST 10 YRS OLD!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang