Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

There is no power going the the climate controls in the car.

Customer Question

There is no power going the the climate controls in the car. The dials won't even light up. I have replaced the fuse box on top of the battery since it had melted the cover, but still don't have any power to the controls. This is on a 99 bug
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It is a complete loss.
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 99 bug
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was hoping to fix myself as there are no close garages that service vw. I have replaced the fuse box on top of the battery since it had melted, and checked the fuses inside the car.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. There are five fuses that can affect the climate control on your VW , 3 in the interior fuse panel and two in the under hood panel. I have enclosed the wiring diagram for the system in the link below. Take a look at is . It will show you which fuse to check as well as the number location.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/climate%20control%20Jul%2029.pdf