Neal, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Shop owner and experienced in most brands.

I have a 2001 percent vw new beetle. 1.8 turbo. It is need

Customer Question

I have a 2001 percent vw new beetle . 1.8 turbo . It is need of a engine wireing harness and a wireing harness to the valve body in the tranny . I found a whole wireing harness out of a 2000 new beetle with turbo 1.8. The guy told me his might be a different engine code first ? Does the engine code have to be the same or does it just need to be out a beetle with the same engine and turbo ?
Category: VW
Expert:  Neal replied 3 months ago.
It would need to be the same engine code on that year and model. Some connections are different on different engine options.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay . Where can my engine code be found ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My engine code is APH I believe . Where can I get a harness for this engine code ? Please and thank you
Expert:  Neal replied 3 months ago.
You might be able to locate one through a used parts salvage yard or used parts dealer for that APH engine code.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay . Thanks . My original harness is fine except for the plug going into the tranny valve body . It's been cut off . Is there a diagram maybe I can use to match color to the correct sylinoid in the tranny ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just to add the plug off the engine wiring harness is cut and the plug coming from the tranny is cut also . Basically I need to know what wire colors go to which sylinoid . Is there a diagram I can look at ? Again thanks
Expert:  Neal replied 2 months ago.
Remove the protective covering from the harness. They are color coded. That will allow you to match them up.