Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

The temp light comes on, flashes and beeps about 5 mins

Customer Question

hello, The temp light comes on, flashes and beeps about 5 mins after driving. I found that the water outlet had cracked and some holes in it. I replaced that. I also replaced the ECT as well.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: It is the temperature light. It blinks and then stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2002 beetle 2.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced the water outlet, ECT sensor and burped the coolant system to get the air out
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When the heat is on its luke warm at best
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Can you start with scanning the computer system to see if there are nay fault code setting and post back with the results and I will help you with this. Also are you saying there is no heat when running the heater> Let me know and we can work from there.