sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I want to bypass the dealers here in Trinidad and Tobago and

Customer Question

I want to bypass the dealers here in Trinidad and Tobago and by a vw straight from Germany and ship it to my country. I'm wondering if that's the best option and how much money I can save. What are the disadvantages?
Category: VW
Expert:  internal88 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - VW tech.

You are better of buying the VW parts from U.S. Many shops in Germany will have Euro spec vehicle and it not be compatible to your vehicle.

If you have specific parts that you are looking for please let me know. I could find out for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I live in Trinidad, why would I want a USA car. They see left hand right, we are right hand drive.

We can get the same parts from Germany and it is much cheaper and faster shipping. The german site you will have to get it to translate to English.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm looking for a site to order a whole car, not the parts. From where ever it is made to b shipped directly to Trinidad.

Sorry, I thought you were looking to buy VW parts directly from Germany.

I will opt out. Please do not rate me.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There wouldn't be a website you can purchase an entire vehicle through solely, other than specific car dealers' sites. To purchase a vehicle you would need to do so through a dealer. What you would need to do is decide what dealer to go through and then contact them to see if they would be willing to do a transaction in this manner. Once you've located a dealer that will do so then you would need to arrange for a shipping company to transport the vehicle from the dealer to your location.

The drawbacks of doing this would be the cost of having it transported and warranty. It would cost thousands of dollars to have it shipped, and the vehicle would not retain any sort of warranty if you removed it from the country it was sold in.