vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2009 jetta 2.5 condenser fan wont shut off after shutting

Customer Question

2009 jetta 2.5 condenser fan wont shut off after shutting off key just keeps running
JA: Any trouble turning the key in the ignition? Do you have a key fob?
Customer: no original keys
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, disconnected battery for 1/2hr still keeps running after re connect
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes after sitting in off mode and then turn on key coolant fan off and condenser is on
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i have some questions ..

• is the check engine light on?
  • any recent accidents to the vehicle?
  • any recent repairs to the vehicle?

please let me know!!