Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The ignition is locked, it won't turn, no i started it this

Customer Question

the ignition is locked, it won't turn
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: no i started it this morning and tried another key
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2012 Passat
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: moving the steering a little, yes i would like to fix it myself like i said it worked this morning
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

If the steering wheel feels locked then that can prevent key turning. Try setting the parking brake and jacking up both front wheels off the ground to relieve pressure on the steering lock. Then try to turn the key. Let me know those results.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris