Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Rear side window on the right, seems to have come off track

Customer Question

Rear side window on the right, seems to have come off track on a 2005 Vw Convertable, you can lift window manually and let it down,
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

You will need a window regulator kit to fix the issue . the cable has come apart that moves the window up and down.

it is a 6 hr job and about 125.00 in parts to get it rectified . very highly have it done at the dealership . there are special tools to replace the kit.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

hello there just checking in !!!

Just checking in to give you a reminder about my service and help to you .

The feedback rating was not done yet and you have been already been charged for your question.

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN ASSISTING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME ON YOUR END WITH A 5 STAR RATING OF MY SERVICE TO YOU!!

This feedback is very important!! Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and thanks for using Just Answer to assist in your issue.

Wolfgang