rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2006 VW Beetle. The battery keeps draining down. I

Customer Question

I have a 2006 VW Beetle. The battery keeps draining down. I replaced the alternator and replaced the battery. I still have a drainage problem. Would you know what is causing this problem?
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: It's a new battery and I've have it tested twice. The battery is good.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet.
Category: VW
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger. This is a great site, but it doesn’t replace a shop or necessary tools.

I attached a doc that will guide you to fix this drain on the electrical system.

Thanks, ***** ***** remember to rate me for my time. I don't get credit unless you do this for me.